Search for a book, or scroll down for our suggestions
Developing IOS Applications with Flex 4.5: Building IOS Applications with ActionScript (Paperback)
Ready to put your ActionScript 3 skills to work on iPhone and iPad apps? This hands-on book walks you through the process of creating an Adobe AIR application for iOS devices from start to finish, using the Flex 4.5 framework. Move quickly from a basic Hello World application to complex interactions with iOS APIs, and get complete code examples for working with device components--including the accelerometer, GPS, camera, gallery, and multitouch display. This is an ideal resource for Flex developers of all levels.
- Use Flash Builder 4.5 to create and debug a Flex Mobile project
- Choose a layout option to determine which files Flash Builder autogenerates
- Explore APIs that enable your app to interact with the camera, accelerometer, and GPS
- Read and write text files, and create and write to an SQLite database
- Interact with the browser, place calls, and create emails and text messages
- Load content into your app with StageWebView
- Design for iOS with specific UI elements while maintaining one code version for all mobile devices
- Publish your app to an Apple iOS installer file with Flash Builder
Rich Tretola, an award-winning Flex developer, is the Rich Applications Technical Lead at Herff Jones Inc. He has been building internet apps for over a decade, and has worked with Flex since the original Royale beta was introduced in 2003. Rich is highly regarded in the Flex community as an expert in RIA, and is also an Adobe Community Expert. He has authored or co-authored a number of books on Flex and AIR, and has a popular Flex and AIR blog at Everything Flex.