Search for a book, or scroll down for our suggestions
Introduction to Science & Tech (Paperback)
An Introduction to Science and Technology Studies, Second Edition reflects the latest advances in the field while continuing to provide students with a road map to the complex interdisciplinary terrain of science and technology studies.
- Distinctive in its attention to both the underlying philosophical and sociological aspects of science and technology
- Explores core topics such as realism and social construction, discourse and rhetoric, objectivity, and the public understanding of science
- Includes numerous empirical studies and illustrative examples to elucidate the topics discussed
- Now includes new material on political economies of scientific and technological knowledge, and democratizing technical decisions
- Other features of the new edition include improved readability, updated references, chapter reorganization, and more material on medicine and technology
Sergio Sismondo teaches Philosophy and Sociology at Queen's University, Canada. He is the author of Science Without Myth: On Constructions, Reality, and Social Knowledge (1995), The Art of Science (with Boris Castel, 2003), and numerous articles on subjects ranging from computer simulation to pharmaceutical research.