Search for a book, or scroll down for our suggestions
Alkali-Activated Cements and Concretes (Hardcover)
The first English-language book which reviews and summarizes worldwide research advances in alkali-activated cements and concrete. Essential topics include:
- raw materials and their properties for the production of the two new types of binder
- the hydration and microstructure development of alkali-activated slag cements
- the mechanical properties and durability of alkali-activated slag cement and concrete
- other various cementing systems and their applications
- related standards and specifications.
This respected team of authors has produced an important piece of research that will be of great interest to professionals and academics alike, enabling the production of more durable and environmentally sensitive materials.
Dr Caijun Shi is a Professor of the School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Central South University, China, Adjunct Associate Professor of SUNY at Buffalo and president of CJS Technology Inc., Ontario, Canada. Professor Pavel Krivenko, DSc (Eng) is the Vice-Rector for Scientific Affairs, Head of Building Materials Department in the Kiev National University of Civil Engineering and Architecture and the Director of the V.D.Glukhovskii Scientific Research Institute for Binders and Materials.Dr Della Roy is a Professor of Materials Science, Emerita of the Materials Research Laboratory, Materials Research Institute, The Pennsylvania State University, member of the U.S. National Academy of Engineering and founder of the Cement and Concrete Research journal.