Search for a book, or scroll down for our suggestions
Niv, Verse Mapping Bible, Leathersoft, Brown, Comfort Print: Find Connections in Scripture Using a Unique 5-Step Process (Imitation Leather)
Go beyond just reading the Bible.
Compare Bible translations, pick out meaningful words, and delve into the true meaning of each verse. The NIV Verse Mapping Bible features everything you need to get started, including detailed instructions, starter verse maps, and prompts. Once you've begun your verse mapping journey, you can use the blank maps to branch out on your own. More than simply reading a verse or Scripture passage, verse mapping means using Bible study tools to research what you've just read in the Bible--to learn more about what God is saying to you and how you can apply his Word to your life today.
In the NIV Verse Mapping Bible, author Kristy Cambron shows you the basics and helps you to discover the joy of verse mapping, allowing you to make this five-step process part of your daily Bible study. Verse mapping will help you learn the historical context, transliteration, translation, connotation, and theological framework of a verse. This unique study technique includes exploring Hebrew and Greek word studies, finding connections in Scripture, comparing Bible translations, and learning as much as you can from your time in God's Word.
Verse mapping involves five steps:
- Choose: Select a verse and write it out.
- Compare: Record this verse in two or three other Bible translations and underline key words that are the same or different between translations.
- Research: Look up the Hebrew or Greek meaning for the underlined words and record it.
- Consider: Ask questions of the verse. Imagine what it would be like to have experienced what's happening. Read the verses surrounding this verse and use other study tools to dig even deeper, if you prefer.
- Apply: What is God saying to you? How does this verse relate to your life today?
- Full text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)
- Guided instructions on how verse mapping works, how to start, and how to get the most from your mapping
- 350 partially completed verse maps with pre-selected verses in multiple Bible translations and helpful Hebrew or Greek word studies
- Includes directions on how to use the Reverse Interlinear feature on BibleGateway.com to research the Greek and Hebrew translations for these 350 verses for free
- More than 70 blank verse maps for your own inductive Bible study journey
- 66 book introductions
- Presentation page
- Topical index
- Two satin ribbon markers
- Leathersoft(TM) cover lies flat when open
- Exclusive Zondervan NIV Comfort Print(R) typeface
- 8-point print size