Search for a book, or scroll down for our suggestions
Foundation Study Bible-NIV (Hardcover)
The key features of a study Bible in a convenient, compact, and concise form
The NIV Foundation Study Bible in the world's most popular modern-English Bible translation--the New International Version--features an approachable and easy-to-use layout, with straightforward and broad study notes that help you discover the beauty and truth of God's Word. Concise study notes provide helpful comments on passages of Scripture, while theological notes draw attention to important doctrinal content in the Bible and are indexed in the back of the Bible. Translators' footnotes offer clarification and information about the original-language texts.
Intended for both beginning and experienced students of Scripture who want a Bible that contains the key features of a study Bible in a convenient, compact, and concise form, the NIV Foundation Study Bible is perfect for students, church leaders, and homeschool use.
- Complete text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)
- Introductions provide valuable background information for each book of the Bible
- Cross reference system directs attention to other passages for further study
- In-text subject headings help organize your reading and provide context
- Verse-by-verse study notes help explain the Bible text deeper
- Theological notes draw attention to important doctrinal content
- Index of notes in the back of the Bible to make looking up information easier and quicker
- Translators' footnotes offer information on the original texts of Scripture
- NIV concise concordance provides an alphabetical listing of important passages by key words
- Full color maps of Bible lands show where key places were located
- Words of Jesus in red
- 8-point type size
Whether you are a long time student of the Bible seeking new perspective, or a new believer reading Scripture for the first time, the NIV Foundation Study Bible is an ideal tool for delving into the meaning of God's Word. Thorough without being overwhelming, it strives to make studying the Bible accessible for everyone, no matter what your previous experience with the text is. Take your first step - or next step - toward understanding each verse and book of the Bible.