Search for a book, or scroll down for our suggestions
Life Lessons from Mark: A Life-Changing Story (Paperback)
In the eighth chapter of Mark, Jesus looks at his disciples and asks them a very direct question: Who do you say that I am? You've probably been asked some important questions in your life. But the grandest of them is an anthill compared to the Everest of this question of Jesus'. He's asking us the same question today.
Join beloved author Max Lucado as he opens Mark's Gospel and helps you discover how to respond to God's Living Word and step out in faith. As you read, study, journal, and discuss the book of Mark, watch for these key themes that Max will unpack throughout the book:
- Jesus was a savior and yet a servant.
- Jesus gave his life as a sacrifice for humanity's broken relationship with God.
- Jesus performed miracles through the power of God.
- Jesus taught about the kingdom of God.
The Life Lessons with Max Lucado series brings the Bible to life in twelve lessons filled with intriguing questions, inspirational stories, and poignant reflections to take you deeper into God's Word. Each lesson includes:
- An opening reflection on the Bible book you're studying.
- Background information to deepen your understanding of the cultural and historical setting.
- An excerpt of the text (from the NIV and the NKJV).
- Exploration questions with plenty of room to write your own thoughts and notes.
- Inspirational thoughts from Max as well as a closing takeaway for further reflection.
The Life Lessons series is ideal for use in both a small-group setting or for individual study.